Scirocco won't move

Also after I did a little creative work to hold the
idle screw I went to drive it around, but when I was
backing out I heard this clunking sound upfront so
tried to go forward and I still heard the sound. I
tried to move again another time, but it would not
move in either gear and would start up in gear without
the clutch enaged. At the same time it was making the
clunking noise still. What could be the problem of
this?  WHen I put it in gear the speedo moves along as
I press the gas, but I am not getting any moevement
Thanks

=====
-Andrew Wong
1984 Black Scirocco