front crossmember cracked!!

Well, looks like all the money and effort that went in to my 2.0l 16v swap
could not go unpunished for long. While under the car today I noticed a
crack about 1.5 to 2 inches long in the front crossmember, about 4 inches
to the left of the leftmost front motor mount bracket bolt.

It's still small and it hasn't gone all the way through yet.. is there
anything I can do?

One of my friend's friends has a welder but I have no welding experience
and I don't know if he'd be willing to help me out or not.

And by the way, who was making those reenforcement bars? What ever became
of that and is it still possible to sign up for one?

My poor car.. so much money and time invested. The last thing I need is
the motor ripping the front crossmember in half..

*sigh*

-Toby