A1 called Mk1 in the Rest of the WORLD? was: Wambach/Convertiblere-inforc...

Thanks for saying the M  K thing...  If I have to hear one more person
butcher the abbreviation for "mark"  I'll just have to scream.  Although,
even though Audi and VW are officially split for the first time since the
late 60's, they did kind of screw themselves with chassis designations when
they released the Audi A4 about the same time as the "A4" Golf chassis.

PS
Dubs in the dreams, I dreamed last night about a whole gaggle of S. African
spec Citi Golfs sitting at my local VW dealership.  Wishful thinking, eh?

Patrick Boyle
'87 Scirocco 16v
'87 Cabriolet
'84 Rabbit GTI