From: <brianm@earendel.org>
To: "Jeff Toomasson" <jtoomasson@yahoo.com>
Cc: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>; "Craig Williams (E-mail)"
<cpw@jswinsurance.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 29, 2002 4:59 PM
Subject: Re: Location of CIS to CIS-E conversion resources?

> TO the list..
> i didnt finish reading it. i though he was asking about the basic
> ABA swap. Thats what Ron and I did. 2.0L ABA + GX head using the stock
> CIS-lambda and we out ran a little other 1.9L bunny :-P and a certain
> 16v red scirocco w/ rope holding the front bumper on...
> brian...
> 82 2.0L topless bunny
> 88 16v aka skateboard
> 84 0v..
> im tired of typing.
>

> On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, Jeff Toomasson wrote:
>
> > I've pretty much decided that the most cost-effective and time-effective
(mainly cost) thing to do with my wrecked 16v is take the 9A and put it into
my '84.5 Cabby instead of going to an ABA. The rationale is since I would
have to do some form of engine management wiring modifications to
incorporate the KS ignition, I may as well just put the 9A in. (the block
has < 40k on it and the head has < 50K since a rebuild (not mention the new
motor mounts, cams, exhaust, etc). I would have to buy considerably less
stuff to make the 16v swap than an ABA.

> > I've been looking for resources or tech pages from those who have done
it, but I've found surprisingly few results (and Craig W's swap page is no
longer active).