Cam questions

> and i came across a old N-grind 1.6L cam ...
> how would u supposed that that cam would have a higher lift/uration that
> then original 1.8L ???

How would we suppose it is a higher lift and duration? Well... why suppose
when you can measure it? :^) Those earlier cams are definitely mild upgrades
for the JH. I don't know the exact specs, but they're a step between the
stock unit and the g-cam. If you've got it, throw it in.

> and what would the gains be on a 1.8Turbo JH ???

Even the g-cam is mild enough to use with a turbocharger. Turbos can handle
high lift, but duration is what hurts. Your stock JH, 1.6l, or g-cams will
all work fine. I'll bet that (with a turbo) the latter two choices will give
up next to nothing on the bottom end but will add 3 - 5% more hp
respectively. Go for it.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut