Waterfest is 2 DAYS this year

> and [Waterfest is] held in what
> consider to be the asshole of America - New Jersey.

Oofah, that hurts! NJ has a bad and undeserved reputation because:

a) NYC attracts the majority of visitors to the north eastern part of the
state.
b) An unbelievably huge amount of car traffic passes through this area.
c) This is exactly where all the nasty oil refineries and landfills sit.

and thus,
d) Most people only see the less than attractive parts.

The truth of the matter is that the great majority of New Jersey is rural,
spotless, and green. It's known as the Garden State for a reason! In fact, a
great proportion of NJ looks a lot more like Ohio or Northern California
than it does like the area around NYC. The northwest section is hill country
thick with trees and big sky. The southeast is populated by thick pine
forests rooted in sand -sand that eventually leads to our legendary
shoreline. Finally, the corridor between the great cities of Philadelphia
and Manhattan is where the majority of the people live and offers a good
balance between necessary resources, opportunities, and personal space.

To me Ohio seems like a flat and barren wasteland devoid of diversity,
culture, and good food. HOWEVER, that's simply because I don't understand
whatever richness and complexity actually exists there. (I'm sure that I can
be convinced. Smalltown USA appeals to me on many levels.)

The same thing goes with my beloved home state. You've got to experience a
broader sample of the place before you understand and pass judgement fairly.
So long as you appreciate diversity in culture, landscapes, and lifestyles,
NJ and you are "perfect together". :^) -cornfields or high society,
mountains and beaches, we've got it all!
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut