[Re: Air Compressor - what to buy?]

"Rick Alexander" <ralexander03@snet.net> wrote:
> <snip>
> Adrian's nice shop prompts this poll question:
> What device is most useful in the home shop/garage?
> (and state your reasoning)
>
> welder (any type)
> hydraulic press
> air compressor
> ?  (feel free to add your own favorite, but please avoid the basic/obvi=
ous
candidates like "socket set" or "drill motor")
> </snip>

I have the welders, torches, press, compressor with all the accessory too=
ls,
and Dan's favorite jet plane LP heater. But nothing would happen in my
garage without a jack so that's what I find most useful.

The jack I'm currently using is 30 years old. Just after being married I =
got
my first credit card. It was a standard Sears revolving account. The firs=
item I put on that card was this very nice $300.00 jack. Damned if Sears
didn't just up and forget to bill me for it! Best damned tool purchase I'=
ve
ever made. Recently I spent $75.00 to have that jack rebuilt and I'd do i=
again if it needed it.

Rick Alexander

I still learning, so for me, it'd be two "tools": the Bentley, and the li=
st.
For any of the power stuff, I'm off to my brother's place. (but I did get=
decent set of sockets and a "big red tool box" for my birthday - so I hav=
something of my own to use when we kick the kid out...) But without my "p=
aper
and virtual" repair manuals, I'd have scrapped this car long ago.
Cathy