chassis re-enforcement v.101

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002 16:31:57 -0800 (PST) Dan Smith <sad_rocc@veedub.com>
writes:
> This topic has probably been beaten to death, but wouldn't welding an
> upper strut bar on be pretty useless? With the side to side flex, it
> seems those welds, no matter how good, would just snap. Maybe
> Neuspeed uses smaller bolts so that there is a little bit of play,
> to allow the bar to move and not bind and pinch the bolts? Does this
> make any sense to anyone? Am I way off?

Coulda ya beat this horse anymore? Probably.

OK,
#1) Neuspeed and the like brand strut bar manufacturers use the existing
upper strut bearing studs for the bar.
#2) Welding a bar would be stronger since the weld would be much stronger
than the studs.
3#) Way off? theres no way to describe in english where you are. :)

Actually, there are a few listers who are way beyond you so your ok dude.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V   88' Corvette -AS- #30  2002 SDR Solo2 Champion
Scirocco" 84' Scirocco 8V 82' Scirocco RIP 80' Scirocco S 79' "Project
FSP
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com