Brake problems

This is on my 88 16v rocco.

I'm getting a grinding noise and damage to the front pass side rotor when I go in reverse and turn to back up to the left.

This started a few weekes ago and I thought it might just bad time for new rotors/pads so I ordered ATE power disc's and Mintex pads from the Potters and slammed them on the car this week.

Well, same thing is happening even with all the new gear.  I didn't see anything wrong with the caliper or the carrier (but then I wasn't looking very close) and I can't figure out why this only happen when I make a left while backing up.

Any thoughts, ideas or smart ass remarks are welcome.  Thoughts and Ideas's are usefull, the smart ass remarks are so that I have something to laugh at since I'm stuck at work bored outta my skull.

William