From: "James Woodward" <jimbw1@hotmail.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 12:58 PM
Subject: starting problems

> Hey, this is actually for my newly acquired 1984 jetta 1.7l, but i thought
you guys might help me.  Ever since i got it a few days ago, the starter has
to turn over a few times then it'll start, until today that is. It just
turned over and over and wouldn't start. i tried jumping the starter to the
positive battery terminal but didn't fix anything, oh and i can hear the
fuel pump turning on. Does this sound like a bad starter? and if so, can i
use the starter of my 86 8v scirocco in its place? thanks in advance.