Cold start enrichment Question

Well, I finally have the car back in my own garage. It had been out for s=
ome
repairs to the fuel system to correct a fuel drainback problem, which sti=
ll
may not have been corrected. If there are still pressure losses  they're =
on
the engine end of things. But what I'm asking about is the cold start
enrichment.

How difficult should the car be to start without the fifth injector worki=
ng at
an ambient temp around the freezing mark? It still takes forever to start=
 when
it's cold. (as in I exhausted the battery and still couldn't start it, I'=
ll
give it another go when the charge is back up) The guy who worked on it s=
ays
there is no current (as per test light not lighting) to the blue plug on =
the
fifth injector, I haven't confirmed this, but have no reason to think he'=
wrong. If this is the case, does that mean I need a new thermotime switch=
 for
sure? Or could it be something else. =

 =

The dealer refused to sell me a switch, saying they seldom fail, but the =
list
postings suggest otherwise.  (I know who I have more confidence in). =

The car runs fine once it starts, and restarts easily when it's warm. =

So I guess the questions are: =

1. Is the switch for sure dead or might it be something else
2. How hard should the car be to start with a dead switch (ie is this pos=
sibly
the only reason for the bad start issue)
3. Do I really need to drain the coolant to do the switch, or can I get a=
way
with a quick change like I did for the one in the rad.
4. Anybody local to me got the tools to test fuel pressure? (Southern Ont=
ario
or Western New York)

Thanks, and Merry Christmas
Cathy 1987 2L 16V "the silver headache"