chassis re-enforcement v.101

Oh that's right. You're working with Shine Racing, right? Well... why not
put this question past Dick? He's the man with the plan. Or, is he telling
you something you don't want to hear? I'd defer to his knowledge and
expertise. That's what you're paying him for, no? Why listen to us? :^)

Like I said before, if I was you, I'd run a rollbar (not whole cage),
conventional stress bars, the rad support brace, and then seam weld. Maybe
also run some side intrusion bars from the rear hoop and then put that
through the firewall to the backs of the strut towers. Again, let Dick
design that. You could pick up some more torsional rigidity by foaming the
rocker panels and other areas. But, then you'll have to commit to keeping
the car dry. (The foam can potentially hold water and lead to rusting.)

I wouldn't run all that tubing up front unless you've got a full cage to
anchor it all too. Otherwise,  you're just concentrating all the stress on
the firewall instead of spreading it around the front end. After a few
seasons of rally competition, the Warpig suffered some scary cracking where
the firewall met the front sheetmetal. Bracing to the cage would have
negated the likelihood for that to happen.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut