OT: Need XP Pro Help badly!

--0-494893975-1040600637=:22279

I've been trying to load up the drivers for my video card (ATI Radeon 7500) after wiping the HD clean loading up XP Pro and it hangs during restart while it's supposedly running "system testing" (according to the ATI install program). The XP Pro logo comes on and the little status indicator freezes on its third pass.

I've tried going through ATI's tech support but not really finding anything there. I haven't tried MSN yet, but that's my next stop

The card came with the PC when I got it from the guy who bought my M3. He's actually a tech there and this card could be a beta (could explain why the device manager cannot ID it.)

Another kick in the stomach is that he also gave me an AIW 32MB card but I just noticed that it doesn't have the normal 16-pin interface port that older cards have so I can't test it with that one...

I'm running a Sony VAIO 1.3GHz P4 with 256MB RAM so there shouldn't be any problems there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Jeff