[Re: Tirerack]

Kevin Collins <kcollins1@socal.rr.com> wrote:
Jeffrey Lowe wrote:

> Actually you can pick Flash Silver, Alpine White, &
> Black also. =

The Tire Rack sales guy ("Eric") that moderates the Wheel & Tire forum =

at Vortex drives a 'rocco.. maybe he had something to do with it?

 > I think it's great they added the Scirocco, but their rim selection
 > rather sucks if you ask ask me.

Agreed.. amazing we can get anything decent in 15" any more nowadays..

-- =

Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA
'86.5 16V 2.0
'02 GTI 337

Oh, and try to get anywhere looking for 14s. They literally laughed at me=
 at
the one place until I told them I was also shopping for some 17s. (they g=
ot
real nice then) Even 16s don't exist in some styles. Thank goodness for a=

lister who had the wheels mine now wears. But compare the prices, it does=
n't
take a brain surgeon to figure out why the trend has gone bigger in many
circles, it boils down to profit. And even if you do find 14s, some don't=
 fit,
the first set I tried didn't clear the calipers.

BTW I have some 13s for sale if you are interested...
Cathy