Factory wheel info(Number behind rim does that mean year made)?

Looking at my shredded wheel today and taking off most
of the rubber left on the rim, I noticed a little
number on my rim that said "86" Now does this signify
the year the rim was made b/c it has me thinking that
the original Trantrula rims on older Sciroccos were
replaced with the 7spoke 13in rims that I've seen on
the 86 and up Sciroccos from the brochures from
Driversfoun.com.  Anyone know the weight of the
trantrula rims?  I am going to weigh the 7spoke rim
tomorrow to see how much it wieghs.
http://camo.flage.net/albums/albuo48/PC030055.jpg

=====
-Andrew Wong