Removing 16v kit (permenantly)...

Well, I won't be pulling the kit until I can get the dings=
 filled, and the whole car repainted (got rust to deal with=
 too... stupid FL car! Sure miss the southwest only 85' now...)

But I think this is a definite. It's not growing on me. I thought=
 I would like it, and a lot of people comment that "This one=
 looks nicer/newer than your other one". But it's not what I=
 want. I miss the 85' a lot. I dropped it more after CINCY on=
 those Borbets, and it was the bombest roc I'd ever seen! My=
 girl's brother drooled over it evertime I saw him. Cats in town=
 would be like "Whoa!" When I pulled up. It took a lon time for=
 me to love it's looks, but after it all came together I wouldn't=
 have had it any other way. <sniff-sniff>...

Now if Mr. Harder would just sell/trade me those gold BBS's.

Joshua

--- joshhignight@techography.net wrote:
> What's under there? I really miss the "8v" body style of my=
 85'. The kit on
> the 87' is cool, I guess, but it lacks the coolness of the=
 simple un-molested
> Scirocco mkII body.

 Hey Josh...

  The 16v body kit is quite permanent... in my experience, you=
 will have the
most trouble with the fenders.  The glue is very strong and will=
 almost
certainly take some paint with it when you try to get it off. =
 The side skirts
and front and rear valance are screwed in place and have some=
 glue attaching
them to the fender pieces.  There will be a few screw holes left,=
 but the more
I think about it, maybe not more than a few...
so the biggest issue I can think of is that glue holding the=
 fender pieces on.
If you could remove it safely without affecting the paint... then=
 I think
you would be ok.  I think that using a heat gun would really help=
 with removing
that glue safely.
Has anyone sucessfully removed this glue without disturbing the=
 paint?

Oh, and don't forget the lower door mold pieces that are glued=
 too...

I like that clean look too... 16v sleeper...  ;)

Good luck

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v