[Re: Fuel pump queston]

"Rabbit16v" <Rabbit16v@attbi.com> wrote:
Isn't this an accumulator problem?  I thought the accumulator maintained
system pressure so that the car wouldn't have to start up from air the ne=
xt
time it was started.  Maybe I'm thinking of something else (a valve or
something), can't remember everything!

Dave

Both the check valve and the accumulator are new, as in "just put in" to
correct the problem. I drove the car in, so I guess the main pump also ha=
just cashed in, since it must have been working then. It was a real pain =
start to get it there though, I guess that would be why. I suppose there =
is
still the possibility of a leaky injector bleeding the pressure off, but =
it
had really seemed more like the lines were empty, not just low on pressur=
e.
I'll keep you posted, I'll order that pump today.
Cathy

> The prepump does not put out enough pressure/volume to run the car.
However
> main pumps can still buzz and not pump fuel. I have seen this happen
before.

> Chris DeLong
> ICQ#45030867
> Seattle, WA USA
> '80 16V 'Rocco ragtop
> '91 GLi 2.0 16V
> '77 Rabbit 16V
> '80 'Vert (parting out!)
> '61 17 Window type II
> '91 Vanagon
> '78 Rabbit
> '84 Jetta
>

> >From: Cathy Boyko <losinit@usa.net>
> >To: "Scirocco  List" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> >Subject: Fuel pump queston
> >Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 18:31:14 -0500
> >
> >OKay, a question. My car('87 16V) has been out to have a fuel prime
problem
> >cured.
> >Anyway, the initial symptoms were no fuel at starting until the pump r=
an
> >through many cycles. Once there was fuel to it, it'd fire right up and=

run
> >well, until next time it sat.
> >So the Bentley suggested either a check valve or accumulator, and both=

were