CIS starting problem

>Doesnt soudn like a fuel pump cause you say it works when you put the key in
>the crank position. Probably an ignition switch.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the ignition switch now.  I tested it as per bentley, and It had no continuity in the off or on position.  I didn't test for continuity in the starting position though...

>However I find it rather strange that you say when you jumper terminals 30
>and 87 of the fp relay that the pump doesnt hum. are you sure you are
>jupering the right relay? cause terminal 30 should have constant power fromt
>eh battery and 87 goes directly to the pump.

I'm positive i had the right relay (#2 position)...not sure why the pump wasn't humming with the terminals bridged...

Thanks for the input!

Doug C.
'88 16v
Asheville, NC