shady(?) ebay item (short shift kit)

With all this talk about short shifters it has come into my mind that in the
tech tips on scirocco.org there is a DIY short shifter. Has anyone on the
list tried it? How well does it work? How hard is it to make?

Peace Out,

Rhett
Rocco_crossing
'83 Rocco (autocross ready, body work needed)
'92 Olds Cutlass Ciera (DD)