re accumulator/fuel pressure regulator problems? help asap ;(

--- "Allyn" <amalventano@sc.rr.com> wrote:
>> #1: What would be the symptoms of a faulty fuel accumulator?
>
>unless the problem with it is that its leaking, you wouldnt really notice. i'd
>say about 25% of the fuel accumulaters i've come across have been frozen (as in
>not doing anything useful).

I tend to disagree...I had what sounds to be the same issue he is having, and replacing my accumulator did help it.

>> #2: What would the symptoms of a faulty fuel pressure regulator?
>
>improper fuel mixture. problem adjusting DPR current. unstable idle. loss of
>power. cis requires fuel pressure to be very closely regulated for it to work
>properly. note: if the vacuum line is not connected to the FPR, it can appear
>that it is bad.

Allyn, you've been hangin round 16vs too long, CIS-Lambda like used on the 8v motors dosen't have a DPR nor a vacuum line to the FPR.

--
Eric
Northglenn, CO

81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (Waiting for BAE Turbo Install)
83 Scirocco Wolfsburg
87 Suzuki Samurai JX Hardtop (Soon to be VW Turbo Diesel Powered)