(ot) some really cool rims - Bling Bling means...

Aw maaan, Mark H's knowledge is wide ranging and far flung. Thought it
wadn't?

Marc Scirocco Quebec wrote:

> So what is "Bling Bling" then?
> Cheers.
> Marc

Marc o' Quebec,

"Bling, Bling" refers to sparkly magic as displayed by your personal
diamond collection. By extension it encompasses all further displays of
ostentatious, chromed rims, chinkaderras, etc.

The etymology may be murky, I am disinclined to recollect which musical
artist has rights of first introduction to the larger audience but here
are some definitions to slake your thirst for knowledge:

<http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/b.htm>
bling bling Noun. 1. Jewelry. From the sound of jewelry knocking against
jewelry, as often seen worn by rappers. [Orig. Black US]
2. Obvious and appealing wealth, by extension of meaning 1.

<http://www.angelfire.com/hiphop/cashmr/slang.html> Dirty, Dirty. Dirty
Dirty South.
# Bling Bling: "Ice! The whole world knows 'Bling Bling.' So now it's
the remix, 'Bling-a-Ling'!" - Mannie Fresh

<http://www.inthe90s.com/generated/terms.shtml>
90's Slang page.

Enjoy.

hth,