ETKA be Dead

OK, this is driving me nuts.  I got a free copy of ETKA 6, which I have
been unable to get to work on XP.  I uninstalled it, reinstalled 5 and was
OK until I rebooted.  Now 5 doesn't work.  No matter what I do, I cannot
get 5 to work on XP.  My original 5 install was on ME.  I upgraded to XP
with no problems.  I reinstalled XP and 5 still worked even though the .dll
files in the system folder were gone.  I upgraded to SP1 and 5 still
worked.  Now: nothing.  Anyone got a clue?

John