From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Michael Carlson
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 7:04 AM
To: Robert Piwonka; scirocco
Subject: Re: 6 speed kits-where to get...

> Anyone know of any place that sells a kit to make an O2O a sixspeed.  I
> don't wont them to do the work I just want to buy the kit from them.
Links
> please.

Vince Locicero (now infamous) of VL Enterprises (now defunct) used to make
(and occasionally install) his own Option-6 kit.  He's now running
http://www.qualityvwparts.com (as was discussed not long ago on this list).

I e-mailed Vince to see if he was still making kits.  He said that he still
had a couple kits left over, but wasn't sure what he was going to do with
them, and was staying away from tranny work "for obvious reasons".

I tried to encourage him to at least make and sell the kits, since there
does seem to be a demand (I've received a few e-mails about my Option-6 over
the past year).  You might try e-mailing him and see what you can work out.
Maybe if enough folks e-mail him and ask him for a kit, he'll start making
'em again.  <shrug>

Good luck!
Mike Carlson
'84 Scirocco Wolfsburg Edition - Sonja
(Option-6 with stock 4k 1st through 5th, .71 6th gear, and Quaife
differential)
'95 GTI VR6 - Wolfgang
http://www.divergent.org/mikes.vws/