Climate fan not working - need parts

--0-1733589649-1039029998=:11076

Yea, I have this bad habbit of posting to the list before looking in one of my bentlys.
I think it is the switch cause I just took it apart and to a macro shot of it on my desk at work.  It looks kinda melted inside...
http://www.uberzip.com/blower-switch.jpg

 Robbie Cotner <robw_z@yahoo.com> wrote:
It is called the "heater fan switch"  makes sense eh!?  Just kidding, anyway you can get them at http://www.parts4vws.com
                 www.gprparts.com    or
                 www.germanautoparts.com
 that is probably your problem, but if you replace it and still have problems check your grounds and your blower motor resistor-  good luck,
Rob
 Tyler Pease <tacoma0921@yahoo.com> wrote: I can no longer turn on my heater fan.  I've have my center console out right now in order to replace the antenna and the climate control unit.  This is on a 84 with AC type climate control.   The knob that is turned to select fan speed has just been dangling there and I've been using it like that while my center console is out.  A week or so ago I notice that it didn't want to turn off anymore after the car had run for a while.  I would turn it to the off position and could get the fan to turn off if I really put pressure on it.  Well, I left my car in the garage for the past week while I was out of town and when now my fan won't turn on at all.  I'm thinking its just this little unit and wanted to know where I could get a new one and what exactly this part is called.  Previously this would only give me two fan speeds even though there are 3 or 4 positioins on the control itself.  Thanks.

--0-1733589649-1039029998=:11076

<P>Yea, I have this bad habbit of posting to the list before looking in one of my bentlys.&nbsp;
<P>I think it is the switch cause I just took it apart and to a macro shot of it on my desk at work.&nbsp; It looks kinda melted inside...
<P><A href="http://www.uberzip.com/blower-switch.jpg";>http://www.uberzip.com/blower-switch.jpg</A>
<P>&nbsp;
<P>&nbsp;<B><I>Robbie Cotner &lt;robw_z@yahoo.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<P>It is called the "heater fan&nbsp;switch"&nbsp; makes sense eh!?&nbsp; Just kidding, anyway you can get them at <A href="http://www.parts4vws.com/";>http://www.parts4vws.com</A>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A href="http://www.gprparts.com/";>www.gprparts.com</A>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; or
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A href="http://www.germanautoparts.com/";>www.germanautoparts.com</A>
<P>&nbsp;that is probably your problem, but if you replace it and still have problems check your grounds and your blower motor resistor-&nbsp; good luck,
<P>Rob
<P>&nbsp;<B><I>Tyler Pease &lt;tacoma0921@yahoo.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">I can no longer turn on my heater fan.&nbsp; I've have my center console out right now in order to replace the antenna and the climate control unit.&nbsp; This is on a 84 with AC type climate control.&nbsp;&nbsp; The knob that is turned to select fan speed has just been dangling there and I've been using it like that while my center console is out.&nbsp; A week or so ago I notice that it didn't want to turn off anymore after the car had run for a while.&nbsp; I would turn it to the off position and could get the fan to turn off if I really put pressure on it.&nbsp; Well, I left my car in the garage for the past week while I was out of town and when now my fan won't turn on at all.&nbsp; I'm thinking its just this little unit and wanted to know where I could get a new one and what exactly this part is called.&nbsp; Previously this would only give me two fan speeds even though there are 3 or 4 positioins on the control itself.&nbsp; Thanks.&nbsp;
<P><BR>
<HR SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A href="http://rd.yahoo.com/mail/mailsig/*http://mailplus.yahoo.com";>Yahoo! Mail Plus</A> - Powerful. Affordable. <A href="http://rd.yahoo.com/mail/mailsig/*http://mailplus.yahoo.com";>Sign up now</A></BLOCKQUOTE>
<P><BR>
<HR SIZE=1>
--0-1733589649-1039029998=:11076--