[Re: Battery in a Box - What about venting fumes?]

Cmr446@cs.com wrote:
   Well, they do produce enough fumes to rust out the battery tray, or as=
 =

most air-cooled VW owners have experienced, unhealthy sizes of  the floor=
 =

pan.  :(  =

   Champion's size 41 has vent fittings at either side of the battery. =

Carl
77rocco
89fox

My first German car, an Audi 5000 had the battery under the rear seat. It=
 was
vented, and at one point I got a new battery from the dealer that was
defective, so that it emitted a lot of foul (acidic) vapours. Even with t=
he
vent tube, not good. =