how much does a BARE scirocco shell weigh?

Four people lift the shell? Maybe, but that might be
cutting it close. I'd have 6 or 8 around just in case.

If you doubt my experience with the subject, check out
the Cincinnati 2001 Scirocco Gathering pics on the
website. :) With 8-10 people, lifting a '84 shell was
really easy. Cutting the floor pan out was a lot more
work...

As another data point, I could personally pick up
either the front or the rear end of my '77 when it was
stripped to the shell, but I'm sure it'd take at least
4 people to pick it up completely. The later cars are
a bit heavier.

Neal