axel nut is being a B!TC#...

I use a 3/4" drive socket on a 24" t handle.  Usually they come off
with my bouncing on the end of the T handle.  It's been a while since I've
had one that wouldn't, but in that case I used a 6' piece of 2" square
tube over the end of the T-handle.  Sometimes it helps to have someone
hold the socket on the nut while you bounce (or vice versa)

I wouldn't recommend using 1/2" drive to remove this nut, unless you have
a lifetime warranty and like chasing your Snap-On van or driving to
Sears... :)

Drew