Winter beater

   I know many of the listers here have winter beaters and most=
 of them seem to be passats.  An while winters here in Ga arn't=
 all that bad I was thinking that a winter car wouldn't be a bad=
 idea since I could then have the rocco down for a few days at a=
 time to do some work.

So, what kind of deal should I be looking for?  I kinda like the=
 idea of a passat so what am I looking at as far as price vs=
 condition?  Any info would be great including any info about=
 passats close enough to me that I could drive and look/retrieve=
 them.

William Snyder