Speedo swaps

rept wrote:

> Ive been contemplating doing a speedo swap in my MK1 using the new A4
> guage setup. Considering that I am running a 2.0L engine from a 90's
> car- does anyone see any complications to making this happen?  I really
> have no idea whats involved behind the dash on either cars.   Will the
> wiring simply match up leaving the fitment to be customized?
>
> MB
>
> ___

Sensors are different, at least some.
Speedo is getting info via a sensor not a cable.
plugs will be totally different than A1 chassis plugs.

You are talking about supporting the A4 sensor pod, so it's going to
have to think it's in an A4 as much as possible.

At min you are going to need the schematics of both cars. If at all
possible while getting the Instrument cluster try and get the plugs
attached, even if this means cutting (ouch!) the wires aft of them, try
and get as much length as possible.

Since the speedo (or example) gets it's info from an electronic module
(I think) you can swap the speedo cable for, you might want to try and
get as much of the loom, intact, as possible.

TBerk