Now OT Re: Parts Coup

'Cheapass' Ron Pieper wrote:

> Just what in the Sam Hell were you looking for Toyota parts for?
>
> Sheesh.
>
> Otherwise nice scores, the k-bar, sender, etc.

Well at any given time my driveway has various rotating GM products
(mostly yuck), Saab, Volvo, a Maserati :]) , and Mom's is currently
driving a late 80's Cressida.  Does anyone know how hard it is to find
Cressida parts in the yards? Makes Sciroccos look common & plentiful.

(Just got back from driving the damn 6 cyl thing through Monterey, 17
mil drive & Carmel by the Sea.) Could have been worse.

btw- Cressida was the precursor to the Lexus, it's a pretty decent car
with close to 140K on the odo- straight six with DOHC, auto with an
overdrive button you can defeat to get some passing pep on the freeway,
leather interior- it _had_ a CD player before we got it but someone took
a screw driver to it. Bastards didn't realize it was OEM and it aint
going to come out nor is it going to play without the controls up in the
top of the dash. S. T. Upid.

Anywho, I'll be looking to swap some 16v front knuckles on to go with
the rear disks and a bigger M/C in the near future.

btw II- Audi 5kT intercoolers: I saw online one guy welded two together
to make one really wide unit that was all metal. Cool beans.

TBerk