16-inchers (was: Suspension Poll)

Generally speaking, if you want faster acceleration, more braking response,
and a generally more agile car... ditch the 16" rims and go with some light
15". Your car will also better tolerate rougher roads and will ride more
comfortably. The potential downside is fractionally slower turn-in response.
That assumes that the tire used is identical. Obviously 15" tires with rigid
sidewalls will perform much better than floppy 16" tires.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut