New winter car

As Daun pointed out this evening: I now have the official "other car"
of the Scirocco List.  My fiancee Tonee and I bought a '95 Passat GLX
in good working order.  It's a Burgandy 5 speed with BBS rims and a
winter package.  However, the sunroof is out of alignment and the rear
bumper cover needs to be reattached and some body work below the rear
license plate indentation.  No rust (very important for a Chicago area
car).

A big "thank you" to Ben and Daun for talking me through what to look
for with the Passat -- I was able to knock off some money because of
Ben's tip and price approximation on the sunroof.

So this winter my Corrado will be safe and sound out of the elements
and Tonee and I will be fighting over who's driving the Passat and who
gets stuck with the minivan. (Did I mention that he's already thinking
up license plates for the new car?)

Ellen Northam
'81 Scirocco RIP
'93 Corrado SLC