Tire Shelf Life

i think you'd be ok, but yokohama has a new tire (avs es100) for about the
same price--it's supposed to be comparable to the intermediate but with
better wet traction and better tread life (both of which suck on the
intermediate). i've talked to a couple of people at tire rack, and they said
they've had good reviews with them.
-michael