Strut bearing replacement

Michael Abatzis wrote:
> if the bolt is exactly the same position,
> torqued to spec, your alignment is the same as when you took it off.

I don't believe this is a true statement.
The point I'm trying to make is that with the eccentric bolt snug the
wheel has some in/out play due to the fact the holes are bigger than the
camber bolts and the flats the eccentric washers bear against are wider
than the diameter of the washer.
Because of that play, even with the bolt in the same angular position,
there is no quarantee the camber is the same.
Whether it is close enough is up to you to decide.
I'm just saying that no matter how careful you are getting the bolt
marks lined up there can be changes to camber. And, again, it's not the
camber that is the big deal here. Small changes in camber produce
relevent changes in toe that can cause rapid tire wear.
It's better to know there can be some variability here than to assume
somebody else did it so I don't need to worry about, then find out 5000
miles later the inside edges of your tires are down to the cord.