Ruflus lives!

So I get back from driving like an idiot in a parking lot (autocross)
today and see Ruflus in the garage... battered and VERY dirty.  So I
roll 'im out in the driveway and give 'im a bath.  I decide what the
hell - throw in the battery out of the 85 GTI and see what happens. I
get the battery in, turn the key and it starts right up!  It has been
sitting in storage for 3 years and hasn't ran since then.  Very happy
about this, I decide to go for a quick drive around the neighborhood.
Besides what feels like a bent front rim from Rick's accident, the car
seems to be very mechanically sound.

This is going to be a fun car after I get the body back in shape.

Mike
82 Scirocco convertible (will get a top eventually)