From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of mike
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 1:06 PM
To: Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Heater Core Hell

This sounds like exactly what i went through with my
84 (except the wiring part).I thought the dealer added
AC had messed up any wiggle room down there but I
guess it's normal.I had to drop the heater box also,
to get the fan out, the AC lines blocked taking it out
of the rain tray.I also had only  a half inch to work
with the in/out hoses.(I even cut them getting the old
core out) For 3-4 hours I went from stooping over the
fan to laying down with my feet in the snow and my
back cricked over the door sill,just adjusting it over
and over. I could not get it all to fit back
together(blower fan/box and heater core/hoses). . I
was frustrated, wet, cold, and starting to get a
headache.
So my final solution? I quit for the day, wrote a rant
here, then returned the next day with a fresh
attitude.It all went back together within a half-hour.
No magic tool or anything, I just needed to walk away
from it for a while.
Hope this helps
Mike

=====