adjusting valves with a reground cam

well i got my new cam installed today but when i went
to adjust the valves since the cam i got is a re-grind
the valve clearance is HUGE!  It was so big on a
couple valves that even the biggest shim
available(4.25mm) wouldn't get me within spec.  So my
question is, are there thicker shims on the market? I
was also thinking that i could get some .10mm feeler
gauge blades and cut them up and put them under the
valve shims. Any info you guys and gals could give me
would be great. tia:)
-Robbie

=====
Robbie MacDonald