Funny Rice Story

So i am cruzing through town in my Daily Driver. Its a bone stock A2 Golf.
It has 8 valves and an auto tranny (I know I know, but it keep me out of
trouble).

So I get passed by a 2g Eclipse with a coffee can muffler and out of state
plates. The speed limit is 35 and this dude is doing 50. So I think to
myself, "Not in my town, buddie." We get up to the next stoplight and he is
reving a little. So I pop it in to neutral and rev back, knowing full well
that I am about to get spanked.

The light turns green and we both take off. He take the time to squeek some
tire and I just floor it (its the only way I know I oculd have gotten him
off the line). In about a block he catches up to me and beats me by a half a
hood.

I roll my window down and he says, "You want some more?"

I have never had the joy in saying, "Congradulations, your 2.0L 16v Jap-Crap
harly beat my German 8 valve automatic!"

Nothing to major, just made me happy to own a German car once again. Just
thought that I would share...

-Craig
"Nightmare" '88 16v (PG-T Proj.)
"Calypso" '91 Golf GL (Daily Driver)