exhaust manifold pre-heater bracket

Just a quick question for those more knowledgable -

One of the first things I did when I got my 16v was pull that ridiculous
orange hose off of the exhaust manifold. Only about a week ago did I get
around to taking the rusted bracket off the exhaust manifold with a
pair of vice grips and a hammer (the nuts were nicely rusted in place).

So now the bracket is gone and I have so much more room back there but I
have these ugly studs sticking out where the bracket was.. so my question
is - do these go all the way through in to the exhaust "area" or just
part-way in to the casting.

I mean, can I turn them out with vice grips and not get an exhaust leak?

Seems like kind of a stupid question, I guess. But I just want to make
sure I don't end up with two bolt-sized exhaust leaks from removing them.

Thanks

-Toby