A wandering sheep returns to the fold

Hi, everyone--

I just signed back onto the list after being off for a couple years
and wanted to introduce myself (re-introduce myself, too; it's nice to
see some familiar names still around here!)

I've got a 1981 Scirocco that finally, at long last, is running well
enought to be a daily driver.  It's got a long way to go before it'll
be in the condition I want it to be in, but at least I can drive it
around without *too* much concern.

I've recently replaced the cold start valve and thermo-time switch,
which made a huge difference.  It's got a new exhaust system (plain
ol' stock) and four new tires, and I'm working on the stereo in
between sessions of working on the house.  The distributor and motor
mounts were replaced a few years ago along with a cobbled-together
exhaust manifold with O2 sensor.  I have some new injectors that I
haven't got around to fooling with yet, and I hope to have a complete
rebuild done to the motor next summer.  I want to get it painted, too,
but that'll probably have to wait for a while.

OK, I've blabber-mouthed enough.  I've been around long enough to know
that I won't have too much to contribute since you folks know *way*
more than I do, but maybe I can get in a word or two here and there.
Mostly I'm a sponge, though.  :)

OH, yeah:  It's nice to be back!

Carl Lee