No start? (hotwiring 101)

You can check the switch by removing the covers and pulling the connector
from the switch.
(1) Jumpering the large Red wire with the (guessing) Black/red wire should
get the starter catch.
(2) To get it to run, a second wire from the red to the dual black wires
will be needed and put in first. This will activate the ignition system and
start the fuel pump..

Good luck