Just got a mk1 for 200 bones

Well I got the ugly blue meanie in the driveway today.  I need to hook up
the 1.8 to get it running. and need to mess with the linkage(it has a 16v
tranny in it now)  The rocco is a 1978 that had the 1.5, but the guy I
bought it from wanted that engine for a G-Prod class race rabbit.  Was a 4
speed, now a 5 spd.  The interior is in raunch shape.  But the good news
is, The rear shock towers are solid.  The spot the axle beam hooks up to is
solid.  No dents or dings on the car whatsoever.  Found one problem area
though.  Passenger side rocker, I can put my finger through in one spot,
and I'm sure if I tried I could do that along the rocker back to the door
line, and up to right below the mirror.  Luckily I know someone that can
weld sheetmetal.  The floorpan on the drivers side needs a little bit of
work too.  The front strut towers are solid as well.  So once I get this
running.  Michelle is going to start driving it.  By next year it should be
able to make the trip to cincy.  for you all to see.

Scott Rose
88 red 16v
90 yellow g60(not too much left now)
Import R  "solid shift" linkages for VW A1 chassis