From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of bronson@inwave.com
Sent: August 16, 2002 9:20 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: (Mk1) Clutch replacement q's

Hey all.
Time has come for me to replace the clutch in my '81 this weekend
(slipping something awful).  I have a Sachs clutch kit (pressure plate,
clutch disk, etc), but what else should I do while I'm in there?
Anything REALLY important?  I'm on a very tight budget....
I have access to a hoist, jacks, jackstands, help, etc, so I should be
okay.  This is my first clutch (not counting swapping the one over in my
'84 engine transplant), what else should I look out for?  If I recall
correctly, Bentley says the motor has to be at #1 TDC for alignment
purposes, I'd look but I'm at work right now.
Any advice or warnings would be greatly appreciated!!

TIA!
Nate
'81
'84