building a sweet gauge cluster

im not sure if anyone has experience with this but i may need some help.  i
want to put the multifunction display and control from my 84 wolfsburg into
my 87 16v cluster (if possible). i am also gonna replace the lights in the
top with a small blue neon tube, and i have made my own custom gauge faces,
and i have a 160 speedo, and (this is just a crazy idea) i want to put the
small rectangular display from a covertly mounted radar detector in the
blank spot below the leds. any hints/tips on the electronic stuff would be
appreciated (i think i have the neon under control tho).

thanx,
Tony Morehead
1987 16v Scirocco