Wires and shock

I started up the rocco the other day and it would barely run.  It was running on only 3 pistons. So process of elimination by pulling on each wire I found it was the # 2 cylinder giving me problems. I was able to wiggle the spark plug wire enough to lite up that cylinder so it back now.  Funny thing is that as I was doing this holding the wire i could actually FEEL the electrical pulse going through the wire, (homer voice thaattsss weeeiiirrrd).  Well I guess that means that the plug wires are bad.  I just can't see paying 150 bucks for new wires. Any one know of an after market maker that makes these wires that are halfway decent and cheap?

Brian 86 16v
98 jetta vr6