parting 16v, and logistics (?)...

Hey yall...(insert paranoia and humor)
The cursed plug wires maybe in this mix... if so fair warning. /:-D
they were installed in my white 87. totals so far...
87 driver side rear quarter (took out suburban)
87 drivers side front end /frame (taken out by Z72 Chevy truck)
88 drivers door and frame. ( what hit you again micheal?)

and on to the real stuff.
remove as much interior as you can stand.

bodykit.
remove the little round plugs and unscrew it everywhere.
let it get really hot out.
use a putty knife to start the pull. then pull hard it will come easy.

Car
loosen the 30mm axle nuts.
jack up car.

put the chassis up on concrete blocks you know the 6x6x12" ones at the
jack points.  Jackstands are better and higher, but your driveway is
tilted mike.
rear end removal.
cut rubber brake lines. diconnect if stainless steel upgrades. or new.
disconnect p-brake cables.
undo the upper shock mounts and lower.
its easer if they are out of the way. but you can get it out if they are
still attached. undo the mounting bolts on the trailing arm. with something holding it up.
poof rearend removed.consider removing the fuel tank. dragging the chassis will spill gas after
a hole gets in the tank.

remove exhaust. from flex joint or where ver you like. it drops out now

move to front end
remove axle nuts that you already loosened
loosen tie rod end.
beat on the end like i showed ya before. remove tie rod end from hub
cut or remove brake line to front calipers
remove control arm bolts. rear (2x) and front.
(optional) remove lower anti-sway bar
go put your boots on. leave flip-flops in the house.
remove stut bearing nuts -- the two little ones at the top.
it drops out usually on your foot.

now you have a 16v with no wheels

remove lower brace
remove rad/evap..
disconnect all wires from firewall. yes they do unplug somewhere.

go rent/borrow/steal a cherry picker and a sawzall
cut front end off
drop engine tranny on the ground.

call the we buy junk cars. if that doesnt work.

if the gas tank is removed the scrap yard behind GaTech will take the
shell if you have proof of ownership.

was that enough?

Brian
previous owner of one 2D 87 white rocco..parted...
no im not bitter... dammit
88 16v White Dammit
2.0L topless bunny. parts of the 87 live on.
90 Audi 90q20v
91 Honda VFR750F <-- stock it did 11's in the quarter. and it aint stock..
but i havent ridden it in a LOONG damn time.