ETKA Cd ? - Seat Frame Conversion

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Curt
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 3:53 AM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: ETKA Cd ?

Is=A0there anyone willing to help me get a copy of it? If so please
contact me (Off The List), I spent 30+ min. at the dealer for them to
lookup a part #=A0for a seat rail bushing!(ridiculous!) only to get a =
call
later saying "part is no longer available" and please come get a refund,
this would have at least saved me the time where I could have had the
part#=A0ready for them to check beforehand.=A0I have a cable connection =
in
case anyone has a ftp, or if=A0you'll be=A0at=A0Dubwar 2002 could you =
bring
me=A0a copy? Thanks...Curt=A0=A0
=A0
=A0

Curt Fox
Bakersfield, CA
'76 Scirocco 8V
76Rocco@Earthlink.net

I ran into the unavailability of the early sliders when I installed a
set of '84 Wolfsburg bolstered seats, with '79 Champagne Edition lower
frames, into '81 Gorgeous Green.

IIRC, it was the outer seat slider that was the problem, it has a
smaller tab for the early style bushing. I cut the small tab, and welded
on a tab from an '81-84 Rabbit, and the seats no accept the current,
~'80 and up larger sliders, that I always keep in stock, and your dealer
should also.

This will work if the '76 sliders are the same as the '79, and I think
they are.

HTH,
Peter