advice on brake pads (mintex/ferodo)

At 04:02 PM 8/6/02 -0700, Joe Doty wrote:
>Okay, dilemma time.  I need to buy rotors and pads before dubwar, and
>potter has them mad cheap.  Except the ferodos are backordered, til who
>knows when.  Are mintex red box pads worth getting now instead of whenever
>the ferodos are available?

Just ordered my pads and rotors for the 'Roc(along with a crapload of other
things) when I get my tail in gear and finally rebuild the thing. I trust
Potter's word that they're not as dusty, and me, personally, I hate brake
dust. It's unavoidable, but hey. That's what wheel cleaner was made for. *Grin*

Not to mention the Mintex is cheaper. Ahem.

- Matt, bouncing and waiting for the BIG packages