Does removing A/C yield any HP gains

Of course, when the compressor is operating it will absorb significant hp.
(you can feel the car slow slightly when it cycles on..)  When the AC is
off, the drag from the extra belt/pulley will be minimal.  It may be
measurable on a dyno, but it won't be more than about 1-2hp.
But, hey, horsepower is horsepower.....I know many listers have sweated
hours and hours to get two horsepower......!
Is it worth taking the AC off?  Not for me, maybe for you.
(I'm one of the aforementioned older guys and enjoy my AC.)
Larry

> Mine still works but if I could gain some addtional HP back it might be
> worth taking off.  What do ya think.
>
> Donald Walter

Introducing NetZero Long Distance