Short shift ????

On Fri, 02 Aug 2002 11:47:49 -0400, you wrote:

>A car I'm considering buying has a short shift kit installed and I'm =
told it=20
>kicks out of reverse when the clutch is fully released but it will stay =
if=20
>you have a feather foot. What should I check for?

In my experience, a short shift kit requires that the linkage
adjustment be spot on.  I'd replace the wearable bushings in the
linkage first (cheap & easy) and, if that doesn't cure the problem,
then readjust per the Bentley.
Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9
http://home.att.net/~gforbess/scirocco/scirocco.htm